R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC Lightning FX
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 07:37 AM
AlexPate
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Impressions of the kit:

As expected from VBC, the fit and finish is pretty meh compared to others, but since I got at a discount and being almost 100 bucks cheaper than Xray, I can live with it.

The instructions werent the best, it totally left out the spacer needed to go under the upper arm hinge pin support thing. The standard size shorty battery is a super tight fit. I would need to sand down the CF by a lot to get enough clearance for strapping tape to pass though. Its so tight right now I think I wouldnt even need to tape my battery down and it wouldnt move at all. Not entirely sure if its the brand of battery Im using or LP battery would have a better fit. Also, a standard shorty battery pack would interfere with the rear pod travel. But this isnt such a big deal as the car would bottom out long before.

All in all, aside from missing parts and unclear instructions, Im satisfied with the kit. Have to wait till I hit the tracks to come to a more solid conclusion.
I am curious, how much slop do the upper king pin balls have in the ball cups? The stock ones have a ton of play, everyone looks at it an goes wtf, all I can say is it's working really well

Also if your running a regular shorty you won't need all that extra weight I added to mine.