R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 11-19-2015, 07:19 AM
Jake ts
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I still believe that the Lite kit out of the box is near perfect both from the perspective of weight and set up. Unless you run on SRS kind of clay or high grip carpet a box set up Lite is money right out of the box with average electronics. You other guys that are searching for magic, it doesn't exist. Unless your running the worlds a little slop is fine as long as everything operates smoothly and is bind free. Just listening to some of you guys for a few minutes could ruin a guys raceday before he even leaves the house. This is not NASCAR. Most of us need practice not stuff. For most of us, the guys that consistently win at our local track could probably do it with our cars....I know for sure that's true for me. My cars are in excellent shape but I don't rebuild them every week. It depends on the car but I probably go through each car every few months but I change shock oil and rebuild diffs as necessary which means that if a diff is smooth and the outdrives are ok it could last indefinitely......6 months maybe in a buggy.

RC Racing is supposed to be fun. Literally, 1 in a million can make living at it. Don't spoil it by taking the fun out of it.
I couldn't argue with this post, even if I wanted too. Well said.