R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-4
Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 04:38 PM
GSM Storm
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennisV
I never could afford, i was too young and didn't have a proper job, a MR4 BX (the last belt driven), but got one now.

The YZ-2 is really bad for dealers. The car has everything you need (maybe 1.6+1.7 machined pistons is all you really need to add) and nothing ever breaks. Yes, the YZ-4 looks expensive, but if you look back to the B-Max4 and even back to the MR4 BX, prices didn't really change at all.

I think, out of the box, the YZ-4 is actually a great kit. Yes, it doesn't have all the bling, but knowing Yokomo they design and release a kit that is really bang for the buck. I will be building my personal YZ-4 coming Sunday. Box is waiting for me.

And for those who don't like thin bodies, a heavy duty body is included in the kit. Yay!
Well said, they have done a good job with this buggy, hey the shock tower may not be carbon but it will take a hell of a lot to brake the ones in the kit and the belts are overkill in my opinion but they should last that's for sure.
My son's YZ4 took some big hits at the worlds and we did not have anything brake.

We should be on track this Saturday on a hard packed dirt track, most of the time is high grip but we have had a lot of rain so may not be that high grip, lol, and maybe on a indoor clay track with slicks on Sunday

Regards
Gary