R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-4
Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM
jmoneym
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HSV427
Well i no there has been a lot of comparison between the yz4 and X-ray xb4 in regards to value for money inside the box and considering l own both kits i feel I'm qualified to comment and before any one jumps up and down please remember this is MY OPINION.
Ok the X-ray cost me $630 locally and comes with carbon shock towers and aluminium hangers all round and there is nothing more i feel i have to add to the XRAY.
The yokomo cost me $630 as it is the japan version i got the plastic kit, i chose to spend $200 on option parts to put it at the same quality as my X-ray, again this was my choice and there was no need for the hop ups as the plastics are typical yokomo quality, but i wanted the hop ups as i felt carbon towers are a must. So in short to put both buggies on a level playing field quality wise there was a $200 price difference, is this price difference worth it, that i won't no till i put them both on the track to compare, also let me add if i didn't find the yz4 cheap in japan i would never have paid the local price tag of $850, Looking inside the kit theres a lot of plastic and its not worth that, especially if you add $200 for the hop ups. Quality wise there is no way the yokomo is worth $400 more than the xb4.
I ill post pictures for those who want to no what you get in the kit before they make a choice. REMEMBER THIS IS MY OPINION BASED ON WHAT IN FRONT OF ME. Cant wait to get them both on the track.
I agree. Never thought i would say Xray is the better value.