R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svndayNZ
I started this build last night, overall I'm really happy with the car. The quality is good, the pricing is great and you get a hell of a lot of car for your money.

A couple of pain points I've found though;

- Bell crank bearings, the sit a fraction of a mm above the bell crank arms so when you fasten down the front bulkhead the bearings bind. You need to back them off to get free play in the bearing which means the screw and bulk head are not secure.

- The mud guards, non of the holes line up. So you need to jig and shimmy fasten and unfasten to get them to a point where they line up.

Otherwise good car, but the bell crank bearing issue is a biggy.
If you go all hulk on the bolts going into the top of the steering posts, you can "crush" the plastic and cause the plastic of the bulkhead to crush over and around the shim and then hit the outer race of the bearing. Or, you didn't fully seat the bearings in the bell cranks. The bell cranks are usually a little loose up/down on the shaft, and add another washer to take that gap up.

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
How are people getting this car already? Team drivers? It doesn't release until the beginning of December.
A handful of team drivers, and the cars are available to everyone in Australia now.

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
What is the part number for the 70T spur? Will the avid or Schelle slipper system fit the 3.0?
TLR3978 = http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR3978

Originally Posted by nexxus
Will part TLR334005 fit the 3.0?

Or TLR334014?
TLR334005 - These will fit, but the ackermann will be a bit different.

TLR334014 - These are a direct fit.