R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT-R Rules and Discussion
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 02:27 PM
johnnywhopper
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ammdrew
If 2s is what you want to run locally go ahead. I have yet to see any equality of 2s-1s motor variables. SO I would be careful on that discussion.

Also the idea that any racer will not buy/build to spec is really unreal. As a Track owner/ promoter/race manager for over 20 years now I have never seen the class where using old stuff that you have laying around becomes the norm. It takes very little time before the reality that buying correct items for the class will make you faster.. The only item that a racer may not have if currently trying to use items they have laying around( and currently racing some form of sedan/USGT/USVTA/BUGGY) would be the battery.Most if not all speedos now will work on 1's, yes they may need a booster but that is very minor, and 1s batts cost about 40% less then 2 cell's of equal caliber so that also becomes about the cost of the tires. A bonus is all of the WGT chassis are designed around a 1s pack so fitment and wt is correct. WGT is not new we have had them racing around the world on foam tires with 1s for quite a few years now.

Now if you want to just talk about speed, especially if you are running on some of the larger outdoor tracks it does make a lot of sense to talk about upping the voltage( ie 2s) But you could also look at changing the motor to 13.5 or mod speeds with 10.5's and still stay close to the handle placement and feel of a WGT car.

Again all food for thought. Above all else do what works local. There is something to be said for having a national set of rules to run by though to help grow any class.