R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated T5M Discussion
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 07:33 PM
afm223
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Ok had my second race this past Saturday, finally got my truck to jump how I want it to, but noticed another problem, it has the turning radius of a train. most of our track layouts are technical, with several tight turns, and my truck is fast enough to keep up with or pass anyone else in the class in the straight, but they get me in the corners because they can take them tighter than I can. My springs and oils are stock per the manual, and I run the Brass D mount, a square battery as I mentioned before. And I added a 7oz. lead stick on weight at the rear of the side pods, and this race I had also changed to the 3 gear transmission. I know I need to get a different tire and will have them before next race, which will help me some. but as far a s setup goes what can I do? should I remove all the weights and go totally stock box setup.
The guy who won stock SCT with his SC5M told me to take the 2mm washers off the steering and change them to 1mm which I think he said changed my ackerman, and he also told me to take the 3mm off the rear camber link and make it 2. is this correct and did it help he was fast and very smooth so I figured he know what he was talking about, if so what else can I do to help it turn better. what does changing the front camber link washers? Also our track is high bite and well taking care of a few are even running the slicks for tires.
I just raced mine for the first time this past Sunday. I ran it box stock and really close to stock setup except for a 3 gear, aluminum steering links and aluminum hexes. The only changes I made were 30wt oil in the rear shocks and red springs on the front. I set the ride height at 30mm front and 28mm rear with a shorty battery. My track is medium bite and very bumpy. The truck jumped perfectly and I had all the steering I could use. My suggestion to you is to get the right tires for your track and get them broken in before you start chasing setup. I would think about dumping the 7oz of weight as well.