R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 11-09-2015, 06:29 AM
wittyname
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Ok guys... Im going to go full noob retard with a couple questions here.

Back story... My daughter has move up into the 2wd buggy world and is doing great. Was battling for the win / bump in the B main yesterday but had an ESC switch go screwy... She is running my 3 year old 22 2.0 witch is still plenty fast but due for an over haul. At this point its going to be cheaper to get a full kit than rebuild.

And now Im stuck between the B5M ( regular, Lite, or CE) or the new 22 3.0.
I can tune and know what to adjust, so that's not going to be an issue. I already own a 44.2 so it will be nice not to have to worry about buying different rims for 2 different cars so that's a plus.

Really, I just need some clarification on set-ups, adding weight ( if you need to) and what people have found if they have switched from a 22 to B5.

Would it be better to get the Lite than the regular... besides being 75 grams lighter, is it really better?
Whats the difference with the 3 gear and 4 gear tranny? ( besides that one other idle gear)
Flat arms or Gull wing? (is it the same situation like with the SC10/T4.2 arms)?
Now with the cars being designed to run MM, are you guys adding weight like they had to do with the 22 ( tried it, spent $80 in brass, got pissed and sold it all, along with the MM parts swearing never to try MM again)

Maybe Im just looking for someone to talk me into it. I would just hate to buy a new kit and watch her struggle and loose interest or something.
I just built what I think will be a great car for Debs. Heavy chassis , flat arms , 4 gear , shorty with 60g behind it , and some alum bits. If the CE car was out when I bought my stuff I would own it . The TLR car is nice , but no deal compared to what AE offers in that one box IMO. Come check it out wed night ...