R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 06:27 AM
patrick lsp
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

First race. Long day. With a hour between rounds so plenty time for setup changes. Shock pkg is 1.3 5 holes, black 9.0/10.0 springs and 550/450 fluids. Car landed and settled much better than stock setup. Still bad push on tight 180 turns. Had to crawl thru those and a s turn. First changes were to upper arm pills. Was up on tower and middle on rear. I changed to middle on tower and up on rear and bumped rear shock fluid to 500. Car was slightly better.
Next change was moving to front of Ackerman. A little better. More aggressive for sure.
Finally the change I should of done earlier, was dropping from 7 to 5 in front diff, and dropping ride height to 24/27. These changes finally got rid of push and made car turn in off power. Put in best qualifier. Qual points placed me 4th in b main. Got good start and lead
For a few laps. Got tangled in 10 pack rhythm section with lappers. Came out of that mess fifth. Battled back for bump spot. Over all happy with car and how it reacts to setup changes. suggestions and setup help is welcomed.