R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stelio279
I love all the obviously well thought out engineering. For a non-elite club racer like me, I'm more impressed with attention to things like designing for maintenance, durability, simplicity, interchangeability of components... Really appeals to my mechanical engineering side. The rear roll-center adjustement is a brilliant example.

I'm curious to understand why a shorter front arm would be better in someconditions... The rest of the geometry beign the same, you would intuitively think that a wider front track would always be more stable, no? Why not always design to max ROAR width front and rear?
VLA doesn't change track width, only the outer suspension pivot point, which affects the geometry and handling.

Originally Posted by killshot01
Frank, first off thanks for being active and helping/informing. Can't wait to get my hands on this beast. Couple questions...will my 22 2.0 aluminum rear hubs work on the 3.0? And will my jconcepts Ti front axles work on the 3.0? Also will setup sheets be released same time as kit or soon after? Thanks much
Yes, alum rear hubs will work.
Yes, they will fit, but we will not have 10mm wheels forever, a limited supply then you'll need to switch to 12mm. We already have 12mm aluminum front axles on their way with the cars.
Probably before it ships, that's the goal.

Originally Posted by Bracket
Do the wheels match the IFMAR 2016 offset spec?
Not sure that rule is going to go through. It would make several manufacturers design new front suspensions for the wheel off-set. None of the manufacturers are happy about it, and this may not come to fruition.