R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
That being said, Losi is having great success with smaller shocks on the scte.
A Losi rep was who made the statement. Said the Tekno was better with the smaller shocks installed and how he knew several people doing it with great results. Said the sort of tracks SC trucks typically run on didn't need large bores and it hindered the chassis with higher CG and added over all weight with no real benefit over the loss. I was told this as I was in the middle of what turned into a heated debate over wanting to upscale the SCTE shocks to 8th scale bore like the Tekno has for more internal volume to work with. The reaction from several was the same as poring gas on a fire Especially when I suggested that the shocks could be inverted to negate high CG. Of course doing so would send the shock body weight to the outside of the arm, which becomes un-sprung weight.
But one rep stated how un-sprung weight wasn't necessarily a bad thing.
I understand how people would assume an inverted shock body sounds crazy, but no one has really stated why it wouldn't work, or even work well past opinions and the old "it's been tried before". Which I personally doubt was tried "right".
To be tried like it should be, would require a spec made top cap and A arms to get correct counter sink and clearance.
Haha, I know this is going to start backlash once again