R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 10-30-2015, 09:40 AM
Socket
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
If you know about racing you'd know that the lower everything is, the better. It doesn't matter of it's F1, Nascrap, Indy, GP2, LMP, GT, MotoGP, Slot cars, or RC cars… Lower center of gravity is the most crucial element, period.

Just because a car does better on a certain type of surface does not mean it cannot perform equally well on other surfaces. And if you stick with it, eventually you will make the car work better on any type of track period. If it was done with Rear Motor cars for 25+ years, so too can it be done with the low slung Mid-Motor cars currently flooding the hobby/sport.

They're still in their infancy so new things are being learned and discovered all the time and in due time laydown transmissions will be figured out and it would not surprise me to see laydown tranny cars winning everything. Dirt, Clay, Carpet, Astro.
Low slung mid motor RC cars have been in production for 25 years as well. It's not a new concept.

Cite: My XX4 that would ruin the can of my trinity D4 every 10th race. Cans were a wear item.