R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 02:27 PM
TobyStephenson
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
My D413 was hooked up when our local track had low-medium grip indoor clay. We now switched over to astro and I am struggling with my setup. I am currently using Ty Tessmann 2015 IFMAR Astro setup:

Love to hear your thoughts about the carbon fiber chassis on high grip astro. With the CF chassis it just feels like it lacks control around the track. It feels very twitchy / sensitive. Overall it feels inconsistent especially around corners where it feels like grip is not linear. Both my RB6 and SC6 have aluminum chassis and they are very consistent and easy to drive -- but I love my D413 and would love to get some pointers.

Is stock CF chassis NOT the ideal choice for me, and would the AVID aluminum chassis be better for my medium sized high grip astro track? Is the price justified?
4wd on Astro is a LOT more direct than indoor clay from what I have experienced. Regardless, I found the Avid chassis a lot more stable and predictable than kit, esp with the brass weight in the rear.

Diff oils tuned to suit, my preference is 10/300/7. Copper front roll bar, silver rear. Go to silver front if very grippy. If you mount the front shock tops on the inner hole, the steering response should be more predictable/docile. C/F wishbone inserts all round. Tyres on Astro also make a huge difference, what are you running?

I've just picked up the schelle +4 alloy chassis to run this weekend so we'll see how it behaves; currently pitches around a lot on high grip which can make for a challenging drive.

Btw, I race in the UK.