R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 10-27-2015, 08:19 PM
J2O
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by the incubus
Didn't see anyone answer this for you so I'll take a stab at it.

I generally run Savox as they are a great value and one of the best servos I've used. I've not had a single issue with any of mine, but on a different one I received from a friend for beta testing I experienced a similar issue to yours and after an hour of head scratching I noticed the horn was a little short by comparison.

I switched the horn to a longer one and was able to get much more uniform throw to both sides.

Maybe a longer horn will do the trick for you.
May I ask which horn you are using? I notice the b5m specific horns have a bit of an offset to them. Even the exotek aluminum variants show this same offset.

As much I have pitled with this kit, I went and added the servo spacers in between the servo and servo mounts and I added the 1mm washer under the ball stud again. It has helped me some. I noticed that where I do have to go against the instructions surrounding the servo horn position. Since i get much more travel towards the spur side and not so much to the motor side, instead of installing the saver and setting it straight up, it's sitting at L35 on the radio sub trim but my toe links are still different lengths. Short throw when turning left and long throw turning right. I'll bias my expo settings to the right some and see how it does at the track tomorrow.

Thanks again for the servo horn tip, incubus.