R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT12 Racing
Thread: GT12 Racing
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 12:20 AM
Badger5
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Check out the ORE It is one of the lower cost and best driving cars out there. I have one and it has a tone of potential. The designer is always working at improving the chassis.

Mardave just released an update to their car and it is always a front runner. I spent the last few months with 2 of the Mardave Assassins and they are not hard to build or set up. The issue is with the manual which isn't so hot. The Dave is one of the oldest names in RC.

The Zen is competitive, and 2 of our local hotshots own them. They tend to like a very smooth surface.

Schumachers are indestructible and competitive. They are easy to set up and tune.
Forgot about the ORE, not seen one run yet though so couldn't comment.

I think the Mardave manual has improved a bit from what I hear but you still need to ream holes out and fettle parts to make them fit.

Option parts for the Zen, if your club runs to the BRCA rules then you'll need the under lipo weight to get the car to minimum weight and then you'll need the little spacers for the nerf wings, the front bumper is a good idea as well. There isn't any fluids in the box so you'll need to get some dampening fluid, start with the 60k and 100k. The kit springs are spot on, only really hear of a few drivers going one softer on the front.