R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 10-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
I actually have run stock a lot. The pucks improved zero for my racing and did not last as long as the stock parts on the car. I like the Schelle and Avid Slippers just fine but I have had just as good of luck with the stock system. The lite comes with the two pad system which works much better than the associated three pad system. The lite kit is good to go out of the box in my opinion. I dislike the plastic rear hubs with the inserts but people have run them without issue.
The pucks do matter. I hate to spend money on gimmicks. But i am telling you they do matter. Faster spin up for sure and the rear of the car is more free, probably do to less bind and weight in the rear. As for the age old question "Will my lap times improve?". That depends on if you can keep the wheels down for the entire race and the track you race on. I could get into all of the variable of track surface and layout and the impact of Pucks, but I will pass on that. I run on high bite tacky tracks and we use clay or SS slicks. One of the local tracks likes short run up jumps and that extra snap helps. But we have so much traction that traction rolls are abound. I like the pucks, because they free up the rear end and let the car rotate better. I have gone back and forth with pucks and kit setup, and the pucks just feel better and give me more corner speed.

The kit slipper is trash and I will never be convinced otherwise. And the AE gears are crap. Most of the ones I had were out of round. And the slipper adjusts just fade too much for me. I dont lockout my slipper and I like to actually set it and forget it. The Avid Evo does exactly that for me.