R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EricM
I'm really wanting to buy this kit. I'm just need a nudge. I'm deciding on this and 2 others. Would you recommend it? I'm a beginner into the world of Buggys. Been flying planes and helis the last couple years.
Although I have built quite a few kits in the last thirty years, this was the first 1/8th scale and liquid filled differentials. The instructions are very simple to follow and you having built and flown both helis and aircraft you should have zero trouble with this one. Aircraft I had done since before teenage years, the helis I got into later and them take some time to build and especially get setup correctly, much more difficult than this kit will pose for you.

I think the most important thing the Tekno brings is the most stout parts that many other mfg fall short on. The arms, c-blocks, spindles and even the shock towers are just built to last and take abuse. This was one of the major reasons I went with Tekno, plus I love their attention to detail in the small things, this buggy will take the abuse very few will with out breaking. I knew this buggy was going to get abused while I learned to drive it and it has taken some serious abuse and only shows some scuffing of the anodizing on the tops of the shock towers! Twice I ran into a concrete wall on a technical part of the track, hit it hard enough folks in the pits commented on what I broke; didn't break a thing but my pride. Last Sunday I was racing three other 1/8th scale and we were all pushing each other pretty hard, I had the misfortune of having a short course truck blow a jump right into my buggy as it launched off the first mogul in a rhythm section, they hit very hard and the only broken was that poor Losi SC bumper mount and one a-arm, my EB48.3 just need to be put back on it's wheels.

Take a look at the instructions to get a feel for what you'll be facing. I would highly suggest buying the MIP metric allen driver set, it will make life much easier and the build go much quicker.

Instruction manual EB48.3-
http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...structions.pdf

Allen Driver Set at Amain-
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...ip9502/p261254