R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Mechintosh
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I have a dumb question about my body/spoiler. I am running a protoform Mazda speed 6. On the wing there are oval shaped sections in between where the wing mounts to the car. 2 of the small ones say "out" and the other 2 say something else (can't remember right now and I'm at work so can't look). Anyone know what I do with those? Do I cut them out or what? Sorry for the noob questions this is my first touring body.
I'm also having a little trouble figuring out how to line it up. I marked the locations for the posts trying to center the front wheel wells over the tires but the rear looks like it won't be perfectly centered. Seems like the car needs to be a couple mm longer for both wells to line up perfect. Should I cut the wells right on the line supplied or should I cut them so they line up with the wheels and not pay attn to the marked lines on the body?
Less Downforce on the rear wing. I mount the body and cut the wheel openings to the car's setup, not what is marked on the body. All depends on track conditions. Sometimes on outdoor tracks the body will be as much as 6mm forward of the body marks for wheel openings.