R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Barney
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
I would like to see an official chassis for mounting the shorty sideways. I am too lazy/scared to grind mine down. lol
Originally Posted by likea45
There is a good conversion kit out as well. Remember you will also need a new gear cover as the kit one is the wrong orientation. A few people make them.
Originally Posted by RobsRacin
Got the email that my 3 gear kit and cover shipped today, looking forward to trying it. From what I have found with the B5 series is that the 4 gear is preferred for mod as the motor rotation helps with moving the rear end down for more traction. With that said I probably wont even try it in my mod car and wait to put it in the 17.5 car im building up
Originally Posted by Chris Brown
No. When you run the 3 gear transmission, the motor is flipped and works in the regular rotation. The 3 gear transmission keeps the car flatter through the turns and is more responsive when jumping. It's a tuning aid, not a necessity.
Originally Posted by LIVipers
In the northeast, a large portion of people running the RB6 do so with a sideways battery. I have found the car a lot easier to rip on with the battery sideways. Sure, a few small changes are needed in order for the car to work at its full potential, but it isn't anything that's over the top. Again, each person is entitled to their opinion and what best suits their driving style.

As far as the rear hangars go, chances are they were a 1-off setup piece because of the unusual surface on which they were racing. Also, taking into consideration the fact Tebo wasn't even running a commercially available car, it's hard to make the claim that the suspension pivots were for the sideways battery vs the fact they were racing on a living room rug lol
About the chassis ... Has anybody tried a graphite/cf like xfactors style?

On the 3-gear setup ... Who makes the diffcase and other parts, kits?
is it a lcg/laydown or just regular style?

Tebo's Worlds car pretty much looked like a ZX6 design ... wasn't there a tidbit about Kyosho coming out with a new car like RX6 or something?
I cant find the flash that I thought I saw?

We've got a carpet track here in Manhattan Kansas now and a few guys have the lcg tranny in their b5m and say it does seem help a little.

Thanx for any and all help or comments!
Richard Cantrell