R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Race Opt MTS T2/T3
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 04:15 AM
midse
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've had my car since its release.
XRay plastics do appear to fit on the front at least. C hub and knuckle drop straight into the kit arm. If using and Xray arm then revised spacers will be required on the hinge pin. This way Race opt DCJ can be used with a gear diff up front.

Personally so far I had some chatter with a new shaft I installed but its no longer there after a race meeting.

I used silver springs at a very high grip track. The car generated a very distinct increase of mid corner traction. It had s very similar feel as my VBC d07 with ARS.

The kit ball cups do bind under full travel but this can be fixed with 10 minutes of work with a dremel or blade. Apparently conventional style 5mm alloy balls and cups will be supplied..

The kit can be trimmed down to 1350g very easily, the wheel bearings are great and are far more durable than conventional bearings.

I've had the car since it was released and have only just needed to re oil the shocks. I originally rebuilt them when I got the kit and green slimed the seals etc. One faulty c clip had popped of the shock shaft. It still drove awesome.
I'm looking forward to trying it out and testing changes at the Bendigo Classic and Nationals in Sydney.