R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 02:05 AM
sporto
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MitchCraft
I have been having trouble with my 3656 4700 and sct pro combo in my new 410.3. Esc cuts out after a few mins, restarts and runs for 30 seconds, then cuts out again. Tried all the typical troubleshooting below, conclusion is that the esc is overloaded somehow (with help from hobbywing tech support). I suspect I could have a weak esc, maybe components out of spec. I know others have tried this combo on this truck. If it is working well, what is your setup?

Tried:
Re-calibrated radio
LVC off
Multiple different batteries of different brands (high quality, high C and capacity that work fine in other vehicle)
Updated firmware
Unplugged sensor wire
Different radio system (completely different brand)
Put radio/steering servo direct to battery
Checked all connections
14t and 16t pinion
Hard wired switch
Confirmed no binding in drivetrain
Punch set to min, no drag brake, no timing
Temps all ok, except caps on esc get hot with 16t pinion.

Side note: tech support (Angelo) has been extremely fast responding, and great support in the tech support thread here on rctech (Slotmachine, lewis110).
Experienced same problem. Here is resolution from Falcon.

Some of the MOSFETS, #2 phase plate were burned out so that the entire PCB needs to be completely replaced. This happens for various reasons but is clearly related to the power source: Battery and the motor selection (over surged current, irregular current C, exceeding max power W), which causes overheating and overloading of the ESC.

You may want to check the gear ratio, FDR, and battery brand (poor quality battery cells produce irregular current which damages the ESC instantly.) Please make sure your vehicle is geared correctly for the track size and conditions you run. As a starting setup, we would like to recommend adjusting your ESC to the recommended settings listed below.

To reduce heat you can change your gearing or prop size, use a more efficient motor, reduce your voltage or amps, or try a motor heat sink and motor fan. Keeping the heat down on your motor allows it to run longer, and gives you the power it needs.

The ESC was determined to be non-defective, but because you are our valued customer we will issue a brand-new replacement at no extra charge - one time only. Please fulfill the shipping fee by clicking on the invoice link below.