R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swerv512
Setting my servo EPAs and i realize why my right turns are so much tighter than those to the left... The bellcrank hits the plastic battery holder. I tried to take off the 2mm spacers that the lipo holders sit on but it made getting battery tape through the chassis too tedious, so i guess i'm ditching the holders all together and going with a combination of strapping tape and double sided tape for lipo security... Anyone else able to sort this out using the factory lipo holders?
I ask because i like the idea of a little lipo protection from the carbon fiber holders in the event of a T-BONE....
Swing your bellcrank all the way over and determine the angle that it hits the tape holder at. Then carefully cut some of the plastic tape holder at that angle to give you more clearance. Don't go too far on the trimming so it weakens the molded part of the holder or it will break the tape portion on a heavy hit (guilty). They have new tape holders made of aliminum, but I don't know if they can be used with the hockey stick holders.
Just to give you a idea of how much you can trim, I have had them trimmed to the point of just being beside the screw hole threads, very close.