R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 06:24 PM
spookie
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akshayp14
thank your for taking the time to respond...after 2 days of testing i settled with the battery forward mod and the 426gram battery stacked up and to the center, i have to say it's given me a similar effect as dropping the camber links on the front tower would have..just worried about when running some of the higher traction tracks, oh well time will tell.

p.s the right to left (or vice versa) swing in the air is so much more responsive now as well...i doubt dropping the front camber links on the tower would have done it to that extent for me if at all.

also about upgrading your 2.0 with 3.0 bits i would recommend the 3.0 ackerman arm with bearings as well.
Thanks for the tip. I was wondering it that one with bearings was aftermarket or Losi. I also slid my batteries forward on my 2.0, probably 5/8 of an inch, then checked balance by jumping, felt great. I was trying to load the front end with more weight, to help it corner harder/ faster. Car still flies very well balanced. I always concentrate on the front end, I would rather the front end "lead" the rear, but not oversteer. Then the rear end can be loosened or tightened as needed. I like mine slightly loose in the rear. But the composition of the track really determines tires and setting there.

I was trying out Big Blocks M2 VS Sweep Hole Shots M2 yesterday, a huge difference on cornering. The hole shots were a hand full on loose marbles, coming from a higher traction surface transition. They really wanted to break loose and slide throughout the corner. The Blocks just nailed it all around.

Coming from RTR cars to a Losi 8e 2.0 is like stepping into a Ferrari, from a 1980 Chevy truck lol. It's a learning process all the way around lol. I did get my gas buggy camber links on this morning, beefier and much much tighter on the pillow blocks.