R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Sport 3
Thread: HPI RS4 Sport 3
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Billy Kelly
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Endaar
I really appreciate the comments. The thing is I've already got CVDs and have run the car both with the stock Flux slicks as well as standard 26mm TC tires. The same problem exists either way.

Unfortunately I think you're right that the flexibility of the plastic suspension is hurting precision and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix that. I have no idea why it's working OK for some of you and not for others. (I'm not the only one here complaining about wandering.)

Ironically the car hasn't been particularly durable for me either, as I've now had the lower screw strip out of four knuckle arms and also broken two hub carriers. My Nitro RS4 - which has taken a lot more abuse - hasn't needed a single part replaced.

I finally broke down and ordered a TC4 club chassis yesterday, with the intent of stripping the electrics out of the Flux. I like working on my cars but this has gotten excessive and I'd actually like to use the darn thing once in a while.

I think I may put a cheapie brushed ESC / motor in the Sport 3, slow it way down, and give it to my 4 year old to abuse. The accuracy of the steering won't affect his propensity to crash it, lol.

Thanks,
Endaar
Be interested to read what you the think of the TC4. Especially coming from the RS4 Flux. Came close to giving up on mine, but not yet.