R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT-R Rules and Discussion
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 11:33 AM
Jorge T
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghartman581
Has anyone discussed ride height adjustments to pan car kits when adjusting to the crc rt1 tire / gtr wheel combo? i measured and compare the rt1/gtr combo at 62mm compared to spec foam (bsr?) tires that are normally (?) trimmed down to around 52mm. I guess my question is are those who are already running the new crc rt1/gtr combo setting up at a higher clearance due to adjustment issues?
I run a xray x10 2015, current adjusted to using 2.5 rear pod inserts and using tons of shims on the front end. My front end is sitting at 6.5mm and the rear is sitting at 7mm loaded up with full electrics and gear. To my knowledge there are no more adjustment options on the rear end and im searching for 16mm long hex screws so to be able to add more shims if necessary under the graphite arm mount plate.
I would post this question and dialogue on the xray forum page but ill be retired and out of the hobby before they ever come around to reply to their own forum.
On the X10 other than shimming the motor side and left side plate up in the pod, you are SOL. 55mm is the tallest rear tire I can run w/5mm ride height