R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 03:55 PM
JDM_DOHC_SiR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
We're progressing well with the TC4.

I put my comments on the Mike Blackstock page by mistake, but I expect all TC4 owners tune into that page too.

Looking for good tarmac / asphalt set ups with rubber tyres.

DAVE. The set up we're running so far is pretty close to yours, and Josh says the car is already easier to drive than the TC3. The thing is, the TC3 was ballistic last Sunday. I played about with roll centres and it looked after it's tyres so much better. We did all 3 finals on the same set of tyres and his last final was his quickest - every single lap except the start lap was in the 13s. Some guys didn't manage a 13 second lap all day.

As soon as I think we have a good damper set up we will start on other things. At the moment it's on 0.5 shims all round, making all the bottom arms flat, but I'll start playing with those soon too.

To be fair, all 5 or 6 packs we've done with it so far have been with soft motors and cells, and already the times are there. If we get an afternoon at the track soon I'll put some good motors and cell son and see what we've got.

In the meantime it's looking very encouraging.
Joe..

Glad you are starting to mess around with the TC4 now... I"mm starting to try a few set ups now with a spool for the 1st time on Med~High Grip track this weekend.. and I"ll see if the set up now holds up
-Dave