R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by justpoet
Check the length of screws you're using and make sure they're not too long. They should be very tight and thread locked when going through the motor mount and into the end bell. I give 'em all I can with a mip driver by hand. Also check the motor itself, as many brands of motors unfortunately have tiny screws from the side into the mounting end bell, rather than from the end bell down the length of the side of the can. Those can also have come loose, and just a TINY bit of that can make the whole motor able to shift under heavy load.
Took everything apart to inspect all the elements of the center diff, and the group of parts that mount to the motor plate assembly. It didn't stand out at first until I went to remove the motor plate and found that there was about a 1mm gap between the plate and the motor. It seems Tekin's front motor plate holes are not all the way through and leaves the 10mm screws that come with the kit about 1mm too long. That gap was enough to let the torque twist the motor away from the plate on heavy acceleration. I think I am just going to get some m4 x 8mm cap head screws and see if those work, might even grab some x6 mm just in case