R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 09-27-2015, 08:32 AM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I'm a firm believer that the Lite kit doesn't actually need anything. Nobody spends more on their stuff than me and I'm telling you the car out of the box is perfect. I'm willing to bet a new kit that if I took the electronics out of one of my cars and put them in a box stock Lite and used the same tires my lap times would be the same. The only couple of things that I would upgrade are the shock O-rings and the the thrust bearing....and I like using a slipper eliminator although I'm not sure any of those things would add so much as a tenth to my lap times, they just reduce maintenance a little. Ceramic bearings, ti screws, motor centering kits etc etc are improvements but aren't value added. If the money isn't important to you than do what you want but the Lite comes upgraded enough that if you set it up right its ready for any top guy to win any race. Cavs cars don't have much on them. Most people are better served by learning how to properly set up their cars, maintain their cars, and even learn how to properly glue up tires. I'm sorry to be the bearer or bad news but the best mod is practice.