R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated T5M Discussion
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Dough Boy
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am stumped building my brand new T5m. I bought a brand new T5m from my LHS and with some recommendations here I bought the MIP aluminum 3 gear transmission case.

The build was going really easy almost too easy then I got to the point in the manual to build the ball diff this isn't my first ball diff I put it together exactly as the manual shows then assembled the MIP transmission and this is where my problem began.

I installed the 3 gear but I could not get one of my links to its ball stud with the dog bone installed in the out drive. The "T" nut is sitting so far out into the out drive the dog bone can't go in far enough to let me pop on the rear link. I thought maybe i didn't have the ball diff tight enough I cranked it down to the point I stripped the head on the bolt. I removed the 3 gear took it back apart and removed the ball diff finally got it back apart in 3 pieces.

I went to my LHS got a new T nut and bolt and proceeded to try it again and still tightened all the way up with the thrust spring in the out drive and the T nut the dog bone does not go far enough into the out drive to let me hook up my rear link.

I am completely stumped the only way I can get the T nut deep enough into the out drive I have had to remove the thrust spring and with the bolt ran down tight my diff now feels useless its really loose without the thrust spring.

Any and all help is appreciated I have spent 4 hours trying to remedy this on my bench I can't so I came here to ask should i use a gear diff with the MIp 3 gear?