R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Sport 3
Thread: HPI RS4 Sport 3
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Endaar
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MikeR
Sure no problem. Hate to see your car struggle with that issue.
I guess the next step is to remove left and right turnbuckles and the servo link- then check to see that the left/ right steering knuckles move easily and then check that the steering rack moves easily. If one of these 3 areas are bound up then you've isolated a potential problem. Might be as simple as a screw or ball end is too tight.

But really tho a 160oz servo should not have any issues with that- unless the specs aren't real... in which case I would ship that servo back to the store or in the least have them help test the servo in your car.

If you are in the socal area I would be happy to check your car for you and try some of my servos. I still think the HPI servo(s) is the issue... never seen a good servo ship with a RTR... Bring your car to a local track- lots of experienced folks there happy to help remedy the steering I promise you. Even if you never race
Thanks very much again. The steering rack moves smoothly, so no issues there. I suspect you're right about the HPI servo so I'm going to do some more testing focusing on that. By time I get this resolved we'll have snow on the ground, lol. (I'm in NY, btw, but thanks for the offer.)

Endaar