R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 09-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Schwarta
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Rear grip I tried going back to the am06s on the rear one week and it made the car very loose
Ok, thanks. I thought the hubs added grip, but wasn't positive.

Originally Posted by hanulec
as Gee said, hubs will help a ton.
additionally, if you're still loose in the mid corner, (not sure of the exact setup but...) you got 3-4 great options in order that i'd use them--

#1 adjust rear toe gain/loss. you'll want more toe-in. remove some shims (~1mm to see a change) at the bottom on the AM23

#2 more static rear toe in

#3 decrease the inner rear camber length height. think of the inner camber links this way --- if you want more grip, lower the link. if you want less grip (and to free the car) raise the link.

#4 adjust rear camber (depending upon what it is currently at). some tires like more camber. others dont. watch the tire -- especially when they are new, you can see the contact patch. somewhere between 1.5mm to 2.25mm in rear camber can be good options.
Thanks for that Hanulec, I'll add this to my notes. I was thinking about the rear bump steer and how much effect it has?

Really contemplating getting the RFG, as most tracks we race on are on the med-low grip side. Would raising the bulkheads still work with the RFG, or would it grip it up too much with both?