R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BiLL77
Whats the best esc for MM, last winter season i ran a tekin RS in 17.5 class on med sized carpet this year i'm running mod and wanted something with a fan is the RSX too much?

That a subjective question, one of which I'm sure there'll be many, many answers to.

Couple things to consider. Price and size (as the MM layout can be a little on the tight side for the elec. component placement). If price isn't really an issue, the. Size of the ESC could be the thing you'll need to focus on more of. If either of those aren't a big issue for you, the. It's about what you like the name of, feel of, or which has features you want in the ESC. I'd say most of the current top end ESC's will be more than up to the task to get the job done.

Any of the newest:
Orion
Reedy
LRP
Hobby wing
Tekin
Any of those will be more than up to par to do the job.

Personally I like the Oirion for the dual sensor ports the most. Makes ESC placement a bit easier knowing you can use either port to route the sensor wire to. im not a fan of having to possibly remove the ESC just to change a sensor wire. But that's just me.

All of the above mentioned ESC's have things I like or don't like either in price or features, so it just comes down to which will fit your needs the most I guess.