R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sworkz S104 EVO thread
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 07:02 PM
wanabgts
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Rickster....Im sure I could get the 78t to work with a 13.5 properly.

Had the car out today, and had mixed results the first time out. It has some serious traction rolling issues that need worked out. I got them manageable but still far worse than any other wheeler out there. Im sure I can get it tuned out with some more work. Going up the shock oil again all around, Im currently 42.5/35.

Its really dumpy in the rear, I used stiffer springs and stood the shocks up and it helped but the issue is still there especially in opening radius turns. Ended up on AE Orange, AE Blue in the rear.

It jumps exceptionally well, better than any wheeler I have driven. Has a solid feel and doesn't slap down nearly as bad as most other, even at a very low ride height.

Also its seems very durable, I traction rolled into the wall and had some decent tumbles and it took with without any problems.

I think playing with the rear arm position may help with the balance, and I need to either 15k front, or 7k rear to keep the rear more in line when getting on the throttle hard. Current oils are 10/100/10.

I did notice one issue, at lower ride heights and running raised roll centers in the rear the sway bar in the rear contacts the ball cup and tower way before travel is maxed out. Once it contacts the tower it increases in rate, I think this might cause some of my inconsistent feeling.

Anywho, change some stuff and she will be ready for another day!

Zack