R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT12 Racing
Thread: GT12 Racing
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 08:53 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

We're still gearing up here in Madison, WI for fall. The future for this class looks bright.

Is anyone else looking at running this class around the country?

Search GT12 on YouTube to catch a glimpse of what the racing looks like. The BRCA guys have done a great job on the rule set and the GT bodies are fun to watch buzzing around. This could/should be drafted straight into ROAR as the BRCA follows even more stringent testing of electronics. Every motor, battery and ESC on their list is also on the ROAR list. They do have a couple of motors that failed their tests, such as the D4 1S which did not meet the 19.3mm minimum (it measured smaller). Our track is allowing them as everyone was already running them as ROAR legal. The 13.5 1S package is fast, but no so fast you can't learn to drive it and progress through the field. The cars are still relatively indestructible. Only a couple of steering knuckles and bent front and rear axles in over a year and most of those were freak accidents where the track had come apart. If you're in Wisconsin, stop by. I will hopefully this week have a car from 3 different mfgs you can test drive. Right now my Mardave Assassins are helping me progress through the field and I should be able to compete for A main spots and top 5s. These cars inspire driving confidence as they just plain handle. You can focus on driving and having fun as there is minimal maintenance between rounds: Fuzz in bearings, check ride height, prep tires. That's it.

See you at the track.