R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Wease
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
Thanks for all of your work, sounds like a lot of tinkering. I noticed the wear on those screws as well, but I really have not had any real issues with nose down unless the face of the jump is really damaged. How does the rear end feel when you press it down?
Doing a simple bench test, the rear of the truck still feels soft, but on the track it reacts like its a tad bit stiff. You can tell it has heavy oil in it because the rear of the truck struggles to rebound all the way back unless there is weight transfer forward. The truck jumps great and rotates really well off power, but if you get back in to the throttle too quick before the truck is squared up the rear will walk a little. I'm using a different piston than came with the truck, but I'm soo much heavier in oil (538cst) vs. the kit set-up of 200cst. This is why I want to try a piston that can generate more pack using lighter oil and/or spring. Its my understanding that given two sets of pistons with the same surface area, the piston with more holes (and thus smaller holes) will generate more pack at high shaft speeds, but should feel the same at lower shaft speeds.