R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TOP RACING Sabre Mini 4WD
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 08:21 AM
sakadachi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Are you referring to the oring for the shock collar? It is supposed to go inside the collar and shouldn't affect how high that collar adjusts. Basically if the shock is built correctly, the only thing that would keep the car from being set to a specific ride height would be the bottom shock eyelet. I'll take a look at mine and see what I built mine to. I want to say 62mm but I may be confusing it with my other car.
I'm looking at p14 of the assembly manual, the horizontally positioned exploded illustration of the damper assembly. There is a o-ring that goes on top of the height adjustment spring seat. I couldn't figure out why TOP has it this way, but assembled it per instructions.

I removed that o-ring to allow the height spring seat to go all the way up the damper housing.

Their FINISHED illustration, looking at it now, does not show the o-ring above the height adjustment spring seat.

My SabreFD Mini dampers do not have those o-rings, so I'm going to remove them off the 4WD Mini's rear as well as there is absolutely no droop at the moment at the height I have it set at... which is around 8mm on the rear.

5mm front / 8mm rear is what I have set right now. I want a few mm of droop if possible.

I should check out the Ride red springs Raman mentioned.

As for the broken MIP tip stuck my droop setscrew, I think I'm going to remove the arm off the car and see if I can force another set screw from the top to screw it out from the bottom.