R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 08-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sean B.
You need to rotate the end of the can to get proper alignment. Not the end bell side, the shaft side.

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
the part of the trinity motor that touches the motor plate can be rotated for better alignment and wiring.

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i know it's been said, but it's always better with pictures...
if you take out those three screws and rotate that piece so that it is aligned like it is in that pic, your solder tabs will face up, like this (for the anal retentive and OCD'ers, yes, it's not a great solder job, but my buggy is a rocket, and now that i'm looking at it, i'll probably re-do it):
Thanks to all three for the followup and feedback. Yeah, once the first post hit it was a palm to forehead moment. At that point it was obvious I was tackling the problem from one side and never even considered clocking the output shaft side of the motor. Have not bothered to solder up the Trinity, but am positive it will mate up no trouble once I get both ends of the motor clocked correctly. I might just bring the soldering station with me and test out this old Novak 13.5, see how well it performs against the more modern timeable brushless that are available now.

Originally Posted by tekin112000
How have your ballcups been behaving? When I first build the kit I had t do the old pinch with pliers trick to get free movement on the turnbuckles.

Since then I popped them off a few times to reset a couple things.

Now they don't seem so smooth some needed to be re-squeezed with pliers to get free movement.

Have any of you bought ballcups from Associated lately, have they gotten better?

Does the squeeze last or do the ballcups snap back to original tight shape?
They must have made some changes in the recent past as the kit I just built, new stock of the B5M Lite, the ballcups mounted up nicely to the ballstuds. After a few battery packs they are moving very freely and I would not want them any looser than they already are. Might be worth it to try a package of the newest release, even if they have the same part #. Order from some one like Amain who goes through stock rapidly to be certain you are getting the most current inventory. Compared to ballcup and studs from a decade ago, you always had to upgrade to RPM to have a good match and those required effort to get them to move freely on the ballstuds.