R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Sport 3
Thread: HPI RS4 Sport 3
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Endaar
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
General question for Sport 3 owners.

How is the turning radius and the steering of the car?

Thanks!
I can only compare it to an RS4 Pro 3 Nitro, and I'd say the Flux and the Nitro handle pretty similarly on the same tires. I personally do not like the stock oversize slicks on the Flux; standard size HPI X-pattern tires seem to work better on asphalt, whether it's clean and smooth (my driveway) or dusty/sandy and not quite as smooth, i.e. the street.

I do find the car tends to wander a bit. The CVDs helped a little and the standard tires helped a bit more, but I think the car is lacking some toe-in which is why I'll soon be replacing the steering linkage with adjustable turnbuckles. (Thanks blitteer for the Tamiya suggestion, though I had already ordered a set of Lunsford tie-rods before seeing it. I'll post back once they're here and let everyone know how they work.)

As for ride height; yes it's adjustable. The difficulty comes in that the design of the stock Porsche body assumes there will be some extra ground clearance from the larger tires. Even with the stock tires the rear diffuser is quite close to the ground and I don't see how one could gain enough clearance between it and the ground to run the car on the street, at least without raising the body itself to the point of looking silly.

I'm having fun with the car, but there are definitely some issues if it's going to be used on the street.

Endaar