R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 07:19 AM
motorcitymatt
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, I am really looking forward to testing it out on that outdoor surface. Apparently the tires of choice are exactly what they were running at the Euro's race. However, I don't think this track is going to groove up like that and I also hear it is a fresh layout so things should be plenty loose.

If this car is competitive at the race (not just OK but really competitive) I will be really interested to see what Schumacher does with the SV2, if anything. I think the Euro's event is telling because if they were in fact working on an update to the SV2 I would have expected to see it in some form given the conditions. Why would they sink R&D time and money into developing both the MM configuration for the KF2 along with a new car that is essentially targeting the same type of surface.

Assuming the feedback and results with the MM config continue to be positive here is my prediction: The SV2 will cease to be produced and they will sell two flavors of the KF2.
  • KF2 "Euro Edition"
    • Kit as it exists today
    • Molded upper trans housing and parts for mounting shocks on back by default
    • Low grip config as default with MM config and forward motor config as options
  • KF2 "Yankee Edition"
    • Alloy chassis with MM config holes (hopefully milled and lightweight!)
    • Molded upper trans housing and parts for mounting shocks on back by default
    • MM config as default with low grip config and forward motor config as options
    • Ball diff standard
    • CVDs standard
    • Possibly small bore shocks standard (I have yet to test these)

If they could get it into the low $300s USD I think it could be a huge success here. It wouldn't need a single thing out of the box to be competitive.

And just to be clear, this is just my pure speculation. I have no information from or communication with Schumacher at all regarding the matter.