R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 08-19-2015, 07:03 AM
Fasttrak
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JDe
Hello,

A quick question about piston and shock shaft combos. I have V1 and V2 shafts, I understand there is a difference with the screw and e-clip retention's but can you cross v1 pistons with v2 shafts? I have noticed the AE v1 pistons fit fine and are ever so slightly loose after screwed down, as in it can be rotated once the screw is down. I've also noticed a set of Schelle v1 style pistons fit very snug on the shaft, is that how it 'should' be?

Please excuse my ignorance,
Cheers
Unless you ream out the V2 piston, the hole is too small to fit on a V1 shaft. Accidentally ordered some mixed parts from Amain, didn't realize how messed up their "parts for this car" listing were and ordered a mixed set of parts. Decided this last weekend to rebuild the shocks and change up the piston valving front and rear and the V2 pistons would not fit and I didn't have anything to cleanly ream them out so had to purchase the V1 piston to finish the assembly. Not too sure how they absolutely should sit on the shaft, I would think that having them tight enough to not spin should not change how they perform in their damping characteristics. I will probably just ream out the V2 pistons to the size of the V1 set and keep them as backup set of 2 X 1.6 and 3 X 1.4.