R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motoj550
Would like to know if anyone has tried the smc 4 pole 4500 in the losi yet, chime in anyone and let me know cause i ain't got no 150 smacks to lay down on a tekin and i've heard good stuff about their batteries so just wondering about this motor too, thanks.
I can't speak for their motors personally, but I have seen a few and they looked like they did just fine.
Another motor to consider is the hobbywing cans.
I have a 4700 and it has some serious grunt. Hangs right with the tekin guys at my tracks and stays nice and cool.
I had people try and steer me away from them when I asked opinions about them, but it was on unfounded speculation. I did my research and went ahead and bought one. Now that I have one and have set a couple track fast lap records with it, no one has much to say to me negatively anymore.

Hobbywing 4700

You can also buy the entire ESC motor combo that includes the LCD field programmer box for less that you can buy just a tekin ESC. Crazy!

Hobbywing SCT Combo

The only think I will for warn you about is, the ESCs internal BEC is not programmable and only outputs 6v @ 3amps. This is fine for most servos, but if your like me and go with a digital HV servo, like the futaba 9352, then you will want to go ahead and either directly wire the servo red/black wires strait to the battery input cable, leaving the signal wire to the rx, or just bypass the ESC's BEC with an external BEC like the CC adjustable unit.
You have to program the CC BEC with a castle link however, but you can take it upto 7.4 @ 10amps.
Either way you will then eliminate any underpowering (steering mush) issues and reduce ESC internal resistance to keep everything cooler. I would do this with all ESCs anyhow.

Last edited by Josh L; 08-16-2015 at 09:43 PM.