R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turtlex
Going to be running one of the 1.0s with the mip chassis and the 2.0 upgrades. Anybody know of links to good setups? The track is large outdoor hard packed but does get a little dusty low-medium traction and some fairly big jumps.
Thanks
Your best bet is to start stock setup and adjust accordingly.
Contrary to popular belief, there is no magic setup because of obvious reasons like driving style and personal handling preference.
I always start with either stock recommendations if I'm in a hurry or no oil in the shocks and tuning from a good spring resonance.
Balancing things out in weight from side to side and then tooling with forward to back balance always seems to get me a good start.
Everyone is going to have their opinions and everyone is going to do what they want anyhow, so there is really no solid answer to this question.
Just going off what you described the track like, you will most likely want to start light on diff oils and medium weight in shocks.
Your roll center is going to be a determining factor for hooking turns vs stability. But first and foremost, your tires are going to matter most.
For tracks like the one you described, something like Panther Boa super softs have always been a solid choice.

Here is a link to those sheets you want. Just think about what I said before you jump any band wagons, and also realize the tracks these sheets are typically running on is top notch clay or high bite super maintained CA pro circuits. The setups these guys would run on the typical style tracks would look nothing like most of these, I almost guaranty it.
TLR Setup sheets