R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Jpdanger
Tech Regular

I had some track time today with the new MM conversion. I have to say I am disappointed with the results so far.

I had a experience very similar to Matt's. I started with the MM conversion with the low grip setup we were using before. I was surprised to see the amount of forward traction had increased substantially, but I had zero lateral on power grip in the turns and would spin out at the slightest turn.

I flipped the rear arms for a wider wheelbase, removed the front brace, added 56g of weight behind the motor assembly, 1' anti squat, and added slicks to the front. It would still break loose off power entering the turn or oversteer on power exiting and I would end up in the next lane over.

Should I have not flipped the rear arms and left them forward? Did removing the front brace introduce too much flex aiding in the oversteer?

Ultimately, I got frustrated. It got to a point that the small changes didn't seem to have a discernible effect. It was either loose off power or over steering on power. In between battery charges I would drive my Rb6 which wasn't helping my frustration. I have similar equipment in each running blinky. The Kf2 doesn't come close to how responsive and nimble my Rb6 is. The Kf2 was such a joy to assembly, simple to work on, and easy to adjust that I so desperately want my Kf2 to work for me.

Last edited by Jpdanger; 08-08-2015 at 10:24 PM.