R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 01:23 PM
oPAULo
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

Just some suggestions that could help.
Excellent suggestions!! VERY appreciated!
I'm going to reduce motor timing and try a little taller gear next time out.
Running 3 on the punch.
We're running the double caps that came with it but they're a little beat up and I wondered if they were still good. I'll look into it.

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Why didn't you just get a hotwire to adjust the speed control you had?

Well, The guy that sold it to me tried to hook up his hotwire to it but it wouldn't connect. It was his spare that his kid used to run. He said he needed to update his app but no signal at our track. I didn't care for the whole setup so I didn't invest in it. I'm from the 80's anyway. Speed controls should have heat sinks.

Although you both drive the same car, you don't both drive it at the same time, so the use of we is not right.

It really is. We are a team. Everything pertaining to RC is done as a team. We did everything I said we did. I hope we keep doing it for a long time. Weeeeeee!!

That's good that he won and got moved out of Novice, but what are you going to do now? Is there a stock class he can run? If so, they aren't gonna let him run an 8.5 (I'm surprised they let him run an 8.5 in a buggy in Novice). If he jumps into mod you guys obviously can't run the same car.

Our local track is pretty small. Last night it was 2wd mod buggy, 4wd SCT, and novice. There was a 2wd SCT in 4wd just because he wanted to race. He got 2nd. Even during the busy season they don't get 17.5 classes. The track in Louisville doesn't usually get a stock class either. Novice class is any 2wd 1/10 run whatcha brung. Win too much or go too fast and your out. It's usually adults against my 10y.o. son and it's usually a good race. I honestly think he'd be faster with a 17.5 motor. He's not 2wd mod fast but he's getting better each time. He's excited to move up. If there's only 2 entries in novice they will ask him to run novice to fill the class. Happens all the time.

Thursday I scored a Radiopost for 100 bucks and Friday a RB6 for 110. We'll both run mod buggy because it's the only class they're sure to run. Southern Indiana is not the mecca of offroad RC.