R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 10:12 AM
motorcitymatt
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Mustrum. I really appreciate your perspective and those of the other people from other parts of the world. Is the race you are referring to at RHR the one they are preparing to use the new MM kit on Michael Orlowski's car? The Facebook photo of his car you shared seemed to suggest that.

I have been eager to see them update the SV2 as well and I wonder if there will even be an SV3 if this kit ends up working really well. It seems like for anyone needing even more rear grip the KR probably fits the bill. It is a business though and mid-motor cars are definitely the fashion here in the U.S. so even if the KR is better it might be a tough sell.

If they decide to go forward with just the KF2 platform then they at least need to sell a complete kit that comes with just the mid-motor configuration. Otherwise, to get the car in a configuration most relevant for us here in the States it will cost north of $600. Today you would need to buy the main KF2 kit, this new MM kit, the reversible shock tower trans housing kit and a ball diff plus the new body that accommodates the motor position of the MM kit. Nobody is going to spend that when they could get TWO B5M factory lites for less money. I think a nice package would be the KF2 with nothing but the MM parts, the new body shell, reversible shock kit and a ball diff instead of a gear diff for about $449 USD. The low grip and forward motor position parts would all be option parts. That would put them at the higher end up there with the Kyosho kits but this car would need absolutely nothing to be competitive right out of the box.

The only reason I am willing to spend the money on this new kit is because I have so much time and money invested in it I am ready to try just about anything to get it right. I am thankful that Schumacher has decided to take their customers' feedback and at least try to give us something that should hopefully meet our needs.