R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 07:27 AM
RokleM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
Just finished my build and was doing pre-checks before first run in the garage and noticed binding in the steering. I noticed the steering turnbuckle screw was sticking out about 2mm or so from the nut and rubbing on the A-arm. Both sides were having this problem. I ended up taking the screws out and dremeling them down about 2mm and the problem was solved but just curious if maybe i did something wrong or others have experienced the same thing. I did use the 4 washers directly under the screw like the manual instructed, if i would have used 5 it might not have been an issue, but again, the manual only called for 4 on each side. I took it for a test driver afterwards and it's super smooth, powerful, and balanced. I do find the body a bit of a tight fit, but I guess that's probably fairly common for buggies.
Originally Posted by revhead145
I had the same problem and a friend also had the same problem. It only occurs at full droop. I just took to them with the Dremel. I did the same for the screw on the servo horn or it scratches the body.
Originally Posted by MX304
Same here. I found a shorter screw and just used one washer.
Correct, this only happens at full droop. If you see signs of it dragging while running the vehicle, you can do the tips above. If you only see it on the bench, I wouldn't be too concerned. This has been around since the original kit and typically is not an issue. Take a little material off the screw, remove washers and shorter screw (if that doesn't change your setup geometry), etc. I just make a slightly run of a dremmel across that section of the arm.