R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 10:10 PM
motorcitymatt
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MelKF2
Nice! It looks like the motor might sit where the YZ2 does! Maybe a little further back? Any thoughts...
I think the YZ-2 might have the motor slightly further back than this mid-motor kit will put it in the KF2. If you look at a YZ-2 the spur gear layshaft is about even with the front of the rear tire. With this new kit for the KF2 it looks like the shaft will be a little further forward. But this is just eyeballing it.

But the distance really isn't what matters it's the net contribution to the F/R weight bias. This should move the needle well into the 63% range in the rear. And based on what I have gathered from the experiments I have been doing with the LRP battery and the electronics layout this kit should make us all happy.

I haven't thought about it too deeply but I would think moving the motor back that far will also have a significant effect on how the chassis reacts to the torque delivered by the motor. It should make the car "sit" more under acceleration or pull up on the front end more.

If this kit really does put the forward bite back into the car it is really going to shine on these clay tracks here in the states. I have been running 4 degrees of anti-squat to try to improve the forward bite for clearing jumps and that has helped but the car still doesn't have the "snap" of the B5M or other mid-motor cars.