R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 07-29-2015, 07:30 PM
carcrazy699
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

So today took my car out for the first time. Did really good besides needing more low end and the motor getting to hot. First outing I was running a 72/29 with timing at 55* on a D4 and it came off the track at 180. Way to hot for me. So I backed off the timing and ran it again and came back at 170-175 but still needed more low end. So I switched back to 69/30 and wow I had more low end with barely less top end. Car came off at 130* with timing at 60* so that was more manageable. I think next I will try to go up to 69/31 and see how it does.

All in all this buggy is super smooth. I was running stock pistons with 30wt all around and stock springs. The tekin rsx esc was super smooth to. Now I just need to figure out more steering for it. Seemed to push a bit with stock settings. I have the esc and rx inline and the battery towards the back in stock configuration. I am going to change front tires from the proline ribbed fronts to a mini pin or something. I did tighten down the slipper all the way to "lock it in to see how it would be like with a eliminator and I liked it.

So now time to order more parts for it!