R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 AM
Apexracing
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker07
Well, in regards to o-rings, the shocks shouldn't leak or "blow out the bottom" as you say. When we retooled a number of the parts, the shock o-rings were one of the items. Users used to say the o-rings were tight so we tried loosening them up. Well, all of the cavities were not perfect and so some kits got some that may have been a little loose on the newest kits. Customer service has new o-rings for those of you that feel you may be in this grouping.

As for the size of shock and is Losi listening. We are always listening. However, we have a difference of opinion. Many that run the other truck feel there is no reason for 8th scale sized shock on a 6 pound vehicle. Those that converted the other truck over to 12mm shocks like that truck even better. Center of gravity is a big thing with short course trucks. We prefer the smaller shocks as it keep our center of gravity lower than theirs. I get baffled when just because someone else does something, it must be right is the mentality. TLR also has an extra 25 years of experience over that other company. And our truck has 3 national titles as well.

I do think our shock on the SCTE could be better. That shock came from an RTR and has been upgraded over time and its good, but could be better. We are working on things in that department.
I think the shocks feel perfect, but my preference would be that the 2.0 4x4 uses the same lower shock body design that the 2.0 2x4 uses. Just for durability's sake.