R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:42 PM
p.hat
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
I to had this same problem. And come to find out my servo saver had slipped back a lot. I had to thread lock the blue collar to get it to stop backing off. I would assume it works fine at first in the recommended position till it breaks in.
I also read somewhere in this thread that one of the pro's takes his all the way in and backs it off only a few turns, making it really tight.

Past that I have also ran into this issue from running a high voltage servo and not getting enough power from the ESC's BEC. A quick fix for that is to run a glitch buster to help with burst loads needed as the battery starts to drain down. But if you really want to solve that particular issue I would suggest disconnecting the red wire from the ESC's BEC input at the Rx side and buying yourself an external BEC you can solder directly to the battery input post, then just plug it into a spare channel on your Rx.
The CC adjustable regulator version should do the trick for HV or any power hungry servos like my futaba 9352 which likes it as high as 7.4v.
Here is a link to that>
castle-creations 10 amp adjustable bec
gotcha. i think mine just unwound itself. i dont think i used loctite on this particular part. my rx8 bec is setup properly for the servo im using and it just started happening so dont think it would be a voltage issue. just gonna go ahead and throw some loctite on it see how it does